Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, today unveiled the STYLISH NEW XYLO at its Kandivali, Mumbai plant. The new avatar of Mahindra’s hugely successful Xylo sports 50 new changes & features including five variants powered by three distinct engine options including powerful 120 BHP m Hawk engine. The All New Xylo also boasts of a pioneering Voice Command Technology for Vehicle commands, enabling customers to control over thirty feature - actions in their new Xylo merely by talking to it, all of which will make for a hugely convenient & fun customer experience.
The New Xylo’s external and internal features were chiseled on the template of changing customer needs, taking its Sedan Plus positioning to the next level in terms of style, space, convenience and comfort. The stylish new Xylo, available in 5 variants – D2, D4, E4, E8 and E9 will start at an attractive price of Rs 7.37 lacs (D2, BS4 ex-showroom Delhi). Further, it will be available in 6 attractive colour options – Diamond White, Fiery Black, Toreador Red, Java Brown, Mist Silver and Rocky Beige.
Speaking at the launch of the All New Xylo, Mr. Pravin Shah, Chief Executive, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
, said, “The stylish new Xylo further enhances value to customer by being more stylish, premium, tech packed and comfortable. I am sure that the Stylish New Xylo
will heighten its appeal not only amongst its core customers but also amongst the people looking at options amongst sedans, MPVs and SUVs alike. In fact, the best in class features combined with the attractive price of the new Xylo will make it a truly irresistible value proposition.” Multiple Engine Options
The new Xylo available in five variants will be powered by 3 distinct engine options ranging from
• Powerful m Hawk engine (120 BHP – 88 KW, 14.02 KMPL) with an all new transmission 5 MT- 320. It is available for the first time on the newly launched high – end variant of the Xylo - E9 meant for premium segment customers.
• Proven mEagle engine (112 BHP – 83.2 KW, 13 KMPL) meant for personal segment customers.
• Highly fuel efficient mDI CRDe engine (95 BHP – 68.7 KW, 14.95 KMPL) meant for commercial segment customers.
All FE figures mentioned above are as per ARAI test reports. These engine options add distinct dimensions to the drivability, efficiency and performance of the Xylo range. Style and Design
Continuing with the Mahindra tradition, the stylish new Xylo has been created keeping in mind the needs and wants of the evolving customer. New styling changes span across variants of Xylo. Key styling changes are –
• New front grille
• Sleek chrome accent
• Stylish new headlamps
• New front bumper with airdams
• New bonnet with integrated Mahindra Logo
• Sporty roof rails & spoiler
• Pronounced wheel arches
• Sophisticated body and roof decals
• Blacked pillars
• Chrome tipped body side molding
• New footstep with mudflaps for easy entry and exit
The smart new exterior of the New Xylo is further complemented by the premium & comfortable interiors. Step inside the spacious new Xylo E9’s cabin and one is greeted with host of new features. The interiors of other variants are also spruced up. The complete list of interior changes across different variants –
• Genuine Italian leather interiors
• Stylish new center console
• Glossy wood finish
• Exciting new 2 tone dashboard
• Sleek DDAS
• New inner door handles
• Convenient storage placesAdvanced Technology & comfort features
Packed with new technology and class leading space & comfort, the stylish new Xylo scores highly over its nearest competitors. The list of features & technologies used in stylish new Xylo across different variants is a long one –
• Voice command technology (VCT)
• Blue drive system
• Cruise control
• Audio controls on steering wheel
• Surround cool dual AC
• Dual SRS Airbags
• ABS with EBD
• Extra stability technology (EST)
• Intellipark reverse assist
• 2 Din audio system
• Digital drive assist system
• Individual AC vents & lights for all 3 rows
• Flat bed seats
• Foldable snack trays
The new variant E9 will be made available across India in a phased manner while other variants will be available at all personal channel Mahindra dealerships from February 8, 2012.