Now that the auto expo is over and the major OEMS have showcased their future plans, there is a slight indicator towards the changes in the average Indian consumer. In what is predominantly a small car market, it seems that Indian’s might now be looking at larger SUVs to fill their drive ways with. The majority of the exciting launches where mostly cross over SUVs such as the Ford EcoSport and the Renault Duster, not to mention that even the leader of small car manufacturers showcased a mini SUV concept the XA Alpha. These cars are all slated to cost under Rs 8 lakhs and we think they might become huge hits sicne they also will boast diesel engines and very small efficient petrol engines. The trend could very well be changing in India which had been hailed the land of the hatchback. Even though small cars will continue to outshine any other segment, the fact of the matter remains that Indians are admiring the larger cars that are coming and that to with great interest. A prime example could be the Mahindra XUV500 which got a superb welcome and outsold all their vehicles. With the way the market is heading we would have thought the complete opposite of this trend, but then again when has a market analyst ever been right?
Do Indian consumers want big cars?
1 Response to Do Indian consumers want big cars?
You may also like:
- Kia compact crossover Stonic revealed »
- Uno Minda and Microsoft collaborate to bring connected vehicle technologies to auto industry »
- Royal Enfield strengthens presence in Latin America »
- ExxonMobil launches new diesel car oil for the Indian retail market »
- World Car Awards finalists announced »
- CEAT launches Fuelsmarrt Tyres across India »
- Art and Science: The Pagani Huayra Roadster »
- Peugeot buys the Ambassador brand »
- Piaggio launches SR 150 Race »
- The PSA Group and the CK Birla Group sign joint-venture agreements »
- Okinawa launches e-vehicles of the future in India »
- UM Motorcycles increases price in India »
- Another Indian rider in Dakar – Aravind KP debuts on the ceremonial start podium »
- UM Motorcycles introduces 24X7 Roadside Assistance Programme across India »
- A Mass Market Electric Bike for India – eRideLite »
- Tork T6X – India’s first premium electric motorcycle launched »
- UM open new dealership »
- MV Agusta F4Z Concept from Zagato is the future of motorcycles »
- JK Tyre hits a new high, rolls out 10 millionth truck/bus radial tyre »
- Cadillac Unveils Escala Concept, Previewing Future Design Direction »