Now that the auto expo is over and the major OEMS have showcased their future plans, there is a slight indicator towards the changes in the average Indian consumer. In what is predominantly a small car market, it seems that Indian’s might now be looking at larger SUVs to fill their drive ways with. The majority of the exciting launches where mostly cross over SUVs such as the Ford EcoSport and the Renault Duster, not to mention that even the leader of small car manufacturers showcased a mini SUV concept the XA Alpha. These cars are all slated to cost under Rs 8 lakhs and we think they might become huge hits sicne they also will boast diesel engines and very small efficient petrol engines. The trend could very well be changing in India which had been hailed the land of the hatchback. Even though small cars will continue to outshine any other segment, the fact of the matter remains that Indians are admiring the larger cars that are coming and that to with great interest. A prime example could be the Mahindra XUV500 which got a superb welcome and outsold all their vehicles. With the way the market is heading we would have thought the complete opposite of this trend, but then again when has a market analyst ever been right?
Do Indian consumers want big cars?
1 Response to Do Indian consumers want big cars?
You may also like:
- Piaggio India launches its first overseas operation in Nepal »
- JK Tyre launches Ranger – premium range of SUV tyres »
- 2016 Delhi Auto Expo floor space sold out »
- London will criminalize supercar engine revving and loud music »
- German students set a new 0-100 km/h world record »
- JCB donates diggers worth $1 million to Nepal Quake Zone »
- Opel is developing headlights that shine where you look »
- Scott Sports launches kids bikes in India »
- India’s Road Transport Efficiency is significantly lower than the Global Average »
- World Car of the Year »
- Vintage Car Rally in Delhi »
- Uttarakhand riding on motorsport to take tourism into top gear »
- Amara Raja Batteries clocks highest ever Revenue and Profit Before Tax »
- The most insane bike on the planet – Kawasaki H2R »
- The Smart car just got smarter »
- The most powerful muscle car ever »
- Ariel Ace – the Atom of motorcycles »
- New Ducati Monster 800 revealed »
- Diesel cars are slowly killing us in Delhi »
- Rezvani Beast – the newest American supercar »