Earlier we had mentioned that Indian consumers seem to be leaning towards bigger cars, and it seems we were quite right, because as of this month the market share for hatch-backs, for the first time ever in the history of Indian automobiles, has lowered below 50 percent. This might come as a surprise to most of you but it is important to consider that there are more factors besides India’s economic success and the peoples spending power which has caused their decline. There are many other things such as the new obsession with choosing diesel engine over petrol engines, rising interest rates on car loans, but most noticeably the buying habits of customers are changing. It seems that the Indian consumer is now much more knowledgeable about the products they want, and so it is essentially features and luxury, and most importantly, quality, that will be huge deciding factors when it comes to buying new cars. And whats even better is that now Indian customers are spoiled for choice. The market has definitely come a long way and now we have almost every major car manufacturer stepping in. This could very well be the demise of the hatch-back legacy in India.
Hatch-backs on the decline?
1 Response to Hatch-backs on the decline?
You may also like:
- UM open new dealership »
- MV Agusta F4Z Concept from Zagato is the future of motorcycles »
- JK Tyre hits a new high, rolls out 10 millionth truck/bus radial tyre »
- Cadillac Unveils Escala Concept, Previewing Future Design Direction »
- Supreme Court lifts diesel ban in Delhi-NCR »
- Piaggio Group’s Aprilia brand to enter the Indian scooter market with SR 150 »
- MV Agusta India opens showroom in Ahmedabad »
- ExxonMobil launches flagship product in India »
- Miller creates history at epic Dutch MotoGP »
- Luxury Motorcycle Tourism comes to India »
- Government of India launches two-wheeler CNG kits in Delhi »
- New green norms set to increase costs in auto sector »
- MV Agusta Enters India with the Kinetic Group »
- Avis India Gives 25% Discount to Women Travellers »
- European Truck Platooning Challenge 2016 »
- Ather Energy unveils the S340 – India’s first smart, electric scooter »
- The 5 most important cars at the Auto Expo 2016 »
- The 5 most important bikes at the Auto Expo 2016 »
- India’s first super car – the M-Zero »
- India gets its first Piaggio Motoplex store »