Earlier we had mentioned that Indian consumers seem to be leaning towards bigger cars, and it seems we were quite right, because as of this month the market share for hatch-backs, for the first time ever in the history of Indian automobiles, has lowered below 50 percent. This might come as a surprise to most of you but it is important to consider that there are more factors besides India’s economic success and the peoples spending power which has caused their decline. There are many other things such as the new obsession with choosing diesel engine over petrol engines, rising interest rates on car loans, but most noticeably the buying habits of customers are changing. It seems that the Indian consumer is now much more knowledgeable about the products they want, and so it is essentially features and luxury, and most importantly, quality, that will be huge deciding factors when it comes to buying new cars. And whats even better is that now Indian customers are spoiled for choice. The market has definitely come a long way and now we have almost every major car manufacturer stepping in. This could very well be the demise of the hatch-back legacy in India.
Hatch-backs on the decline?
1 Response to Hatch-backs on the decline?
You may also like:
- Piaggio India launches its first overseas operation in Nepal »
- JK Tyre launches Ranger – premium range of SUV tyres »
- 2016 Delhi Auto Expo floor space sold out »
- London will criminalize supercar engine revving and loud music »
- German students set a new 0-100 km/h world record »
- JCB donates diggers worth $1 million to Nepal Quake Zone »
- Opel is developing headlights that shine where you look »
- Scott Sports launches kids bikes in India »
- India’s Road Transport Efficiency is significantly lower than the Global Average »
- World Car of the Year »
- Vintage Car Rally in Delhi »
- Uttarakhand riding on motorsport to take tourism into top gear »
- Amara Raja Batteries clocks highest ever Revenue and Profit Before Tax »
- The most insane bike on the planet – Kawasaki H2R »
- The Smart car just got smarter »
- The most powerful muscle car ever »
- Ariel Ace – the Atom of motorcycles »
- New Ducati Monster 800 revealed »
- Diesel cars are slowly killing us in Delhi »
- Rezvani Beast – the newest American supercar »